Rama Koti is a divine Prasad of Rama Nama Japam and Rama Nama Sankirthanam in Rama Namavalli .
As my husband started the New Year, with writing the Sri Rama Jayam after I mentioned that my grandmother used to write when we were young, my half baked knowledge on the same, made me do a bit of research on what exactly does this practice do to oneself. I was amazed to gather the below information which I would like to share with my readers as the first post of this year!
• Writing Sri Rama Jayam is called Likitha Japam- Writing Meditation. This gives one a complete sense of surrender to an inner conscience and peace while writing the golden words.
• You can write this in any language of your choice. It is the connecting chords with the divine and your inner self.
• In the olden days, the finished Rama Jayam books used to be buried in the foundations of the temples while under construction. It is believed that it used to add divine energisation to the Temples along with laying a strong foundation for a spiritual life of the writers
• It is believed that a calmness engulfs as one indulges in writing the Sri Rama Jayam bringing in more clarity of mind, tolerance and strength to withstand obstacles in life
• The mantra forms an unending stream of bliss and a inner noise proclaiming that the Universe is just expanding giving in more opportunities and prosperity
• As you write this matra – in small measures, every day, as and when possible, with due respect, it makes everything else of life’s needs fall in place automatically., just like a miracle of nature guiding its forces
• The mythological references states that the name of Rama is more strong and divine than the Lord Rama himself. When something is started with Om, Sri Ganesh, Sri Rama, they actually wade away all evil.
• Vedas tell that as the sun dispels the darkness, the chanting of Rama Nama dispels all evil and obstacles of life. It is a way of liberation and salvation of human suffering.
• When you think, that all roads are blocked to walk away from day to day problems, writing ‘Sri Rama Jayam’ gives you the most needed clarity of thoughts to find a way out of odd situations
• Preserve the completed books carefully and donate them to temples. These books are preserved for many years and used during Temple expansions
• Kanchi Kamakoti Mutt Pettadipathi’s in olden days used to give one small ‘Kamatchi Amman’ coins to who ever gives one completed book of ‘Sri RamaJayam’ as a token of god’s grace
• Ramacharitra Manas, Vibhishana Gita and Gita Press and Chinamay Mission discourses talk about the divinity of Rama Nama japa. It is called a writing tapas
• It is said that ‘Crores’ of Rama Mantras in the books are collected and placed in a crypt and used during Yagna’s in the Rama Mandir’s in India. Rama Mandir in Wadala Mumbai preserves them for future.
• Writing competitions of the one lakh Rama Jayam used to be nostalgic memories of growing years of many hindu children. These were preserved as treasures to pass on to their future.
• Hindu way of living is seeing humanity in everything around. Writing Rama Jayam gives you a inner awakening towards to human mind, being kind , calm and serene.
• Chanting Shastra Namavalli, Lakshmi Shastra Namanarchana and above writing Rama jayam is considered a soul-ful experience wading away fear and pain from lives
• The act of writing ‘Sri Rama Jayam’ is important and keep his thoughts while doing so, is more important than the script, language or number., though for all longevity of the process a number in mind is planned while making a start
• A selfless and non-expectation while writing gives you more happiness and potential than expecting something writing. For you are a god’s child, and God knows what you want and will give you what you are destined for and deserve. You don’t need to ask God for anything.
• Devotion of service of life and its varied forms is devotion to God. So there is no right or wrong way of writing this. The very thought and process to write is a connection with god and finds a inner meaning.
• It is a gateway to higher consciousness and spiritual upliftment. The chanting of Ram Mantra protects you with divine flow of energy transforming a balanced progress in your materialistic well being and spiritual wellness
• Ram Ramapati Bank in Varanasi and Ram Ram bank in Lucknow where Ram bhaktas deposit Ram naam in thousands and lakhs. More info is available in the following links.http://www.indiaprofile.com/religion-culture/spiritualbank.htm and http://ia.rediff.com/news/2003/dec/08spec.htm
• Sri Tulshidas writings say that ” If you place Ram naam in the tip of your tongue ( which is like the gate of the temple) then you will see both inside and outside shining with light ”
• “Shri Ram Jaya Ram Jaya Jaya Ram” is a siddha mantra and whoever uses it will reap a harvest that he himself can never expect. Numerous saints and ordinary people have benefited from this mantra from times immemorial. In this age of Kali yuga it is a medicine which can fade away sins and all other unwanted things in life. It is advised that we chant Rama nama even when we visit Hanuman temples.
Thanks to many people who throwed more light on this Endeavour making my first post of the year valuable.