Wednesday, November 12, 2008

To My Dad and Mom- Happy Anniversary!


12 November 1970, the day my parents tied the knot. Lucky I am to have such wonderful people as my dad and mom. Its almost 16 years that Papa passed away, but still today, he is amidst us in our thoughts and deeds. Today what these parents tranformed are three girls into very responsible citizens. Of the very few photos we have and cherish of my mom and dad, the one in this post is my beloved one...

This one was actually taken in 1982, during our first house warming ceremony.. what a lovely parents. If my mom is known for her self-less committment and responsibility towards us, dad is known for what he showed as love and goodness can be. Together, they made us just follow them. Though there are no celebration anymore on this day, we still cherish the day that brought in a couple and a beautiful family that had withstood the test of time and turbulances of a middle class urban living and sustain to grow with perseverance and faith. My mom taught us that nothing in this world is free and hardwork is the only way to success. Dedication, perseverance and responsibility towards your commitments is what she inculcated in us. On the other side, Dad taught us that money should always come to you and you should never run behind it. In simple words, do everything possible to grow in life, and do not expect anything. What is destined will happen and you are the sole owner of shaping your destiny... I dont remember them telling us or talking to us on these things, but they followed certain things that we inherited in us. Mom was like everyother mother whose anxious, vibrant and intolerant at times, but as we grew we understood the reasons why she was concerned when all three girls were in teens. Otherside my dad was a cool dude, with all smiles, always saying God is there to take care, and who put in us values of family, devotion and happiness. We love you Mom and Dad!!! You are the best!!!

No comments: