Last few holidays, I spent my time watching B.R.Chopra's Mahabharat...in fact showing it to my child who was curious to know the characters of the great epic. I probably could not explain to lot of her questions and found it more interesting and easy to make her watch "Mahabharat" on YouTube. Believe me, the television scenes that I watched almost 15 years ago were so fresh and alive in front of me, and it is not about a sharp memory, but the kind of involvement we had those days to this great serial of all times in the history of Indian Television. As a strong believer, that "Kalachakram" will have answers to all questions, every time I saw the same repeatedly saying how the Past and our own destiny will impact our very future, is in fact a strong lesson to many of us as grown up adults today.
The epic with its poise and grandeur have every thing that no management institution can explain, it has every political angle of administration that no parliament today could adapt every bit of "Rajanithi" proclaimed years and years ago.
The most important takeaways any day of this great epic would be
- Dharmam (Justice)
- Passion and Love
- Honour and Self-Respect
- Borders and Wars
As a parent, I thought it is my responsibility to introduce this great epic to my child, for few reasons.
1. Indian History is not only the most ancient but also the most tolerant and politically strong heritage
2. Every problem will have a solution, and Mahabharat teaches you to think from all angles
3. Be it your relation, friend, or a teacher, if for Justice, it is right to fight against them. This is a very big lesson that today's world of selfish and greedily attitudes should learn from this beautiful history of all times
4. Truth alone wins. What ever may be the battles of life, stand by truth and it wins
5. Lot of lessons to handle relationships, emotions, patriotic feelings, war with wisdom and integrity to the land and the people, friendship and sacrifice, secrets and mazes of life, unwind at ease in Mahabharat, which will be difficult to explain to our modern day kids.
I have grown up watching this great epic, and I strongly believe that lot of my actions and judgements are purely driven by self-conscious effort of what I learnt from this great television serial. To us, it wasn't a serial, it was a visual way of teaching what no historical books or reading could have done. Swami Vedanta tries to explain "Bhagavat Geeta" in all his lectures. BR.Chopra ever lasting Mahabharat should be retelecasted for generations and generations for it is the core of Indian Heritage that all children should be exposed to. It is an immense treasure of knowledge that every parent should pass on to the children. For what stands as a testimony to the truth of life, is not the wealth but the wisdom we pass on to our generations to come. I would request all my friends and readers of this blog to attempt the same, for our children will find direction, a sense of responsibility, an understanding to the lives realities, and a sharp thinking capability to handle any life's given situation. With all gratitude to the whole team of Mahabharat who are for ever green in the Indian Television history, I end...