Wednesday, April 29, 2020

#Day29 NaPoWriMo Self-Love is the greater love?


Y for Yes...Yes for S!

Self Love Takes illustration print · Stephanie Chinn art · Online ...

Yes.  I will love. Love everyone who shows me love
Just like the gentle summer breeze

Yes...I will make you feel important. I don’t care if you
make me priority or no.  I don’t need to know

Yes...I will not make you feel lone.  Never when I can still breathe
Even when you make me struggle in loneliness and insane

Yes...I will smile at myself in the mirror.  Even though you no
longer call me beautiful.  For the love you gave me is good enough

Yes.  I feel loved.  Not because of messages from random men pouring on
But because you gave it all. The smell, the sounds and the love

Yes...I feel like a woman.  I will dress up in the brightest blue saree
drape myself in the jasmines I adore.  Even if you are not ever around

Yes.  I will remain old school type.  Writing letters that I no longer send
The poems I no longer share.  Scribbling the pages of my dairy in silence

Yes...I will still be awake all night.  Feeling you next to me, soothing me
The forehead pampering by your kindest hands and I feel the tears all dried up

Yes...I sit in silent meditation.  Even when you no longer pray along
I will sing the songs of the Universe that we once shared

Yes...I will not be emotional.  For you never liked me cry or not smile
I know for sure I never will have you again.  Yet I will smile. 

Yes.   I will remember to show up with every new sunrise
I would have cried my heart out the whole night.  Yet I will arise

Yes.  I know you left for the reasons you better know.  The way of Liberation
I will never hinder your progress.  Despite pain gliding down my spine

Yes.  I  know what love is.   In body, in mind and in the soul
I will never call it an illusion.  A Moment of truth.  A Memory to live

Yes.   I will not write any more words. Will close my eyes
I know you are there.  In my thoughts. In my deeds and in my life

Once Loved, can never be the love of the Past!
So, love yourself.   The only love is that of self-reflection!

The 6 Essentials for Cultivating Self-Love - positively present

No comments: