Thursday, December 31, 2020

Significance of Sri. Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple Adambakkam Chennai

 Greetings of a new year 2021 to all.

As usual, I wanted to start the year of blog posts with a divine writeup and this time, I chose to write about my favorite temple -   Bhuvaneshwari Amman Temple in Adambakkam, Chennai    



My Experience of this temple.

Generally,  I follow my own way of prayers and rituals as a Hindu and I respect my traditions and customs that define the values we were injected with as Hinduism is a way of Life.   However,  few years ago,  my favorite aunt, very earnestly asked me to visit this temple, that too specifically on every full moon day and offer a flower garland to the goddess.    

Though  I initially felt it may not be possible to do every single month as full moon days may fall on work days ...but eventually,  I started going.  More than anything else,  I felt a lot of positive vibes and absolute energy flow that gave me a strong inner strength.    

As  I made it a practice,    I started having this sense of happiness and when I used to sit in the temple for a short meditation,   I started having vibrations that I initially felt in Aurobindo Ashram many years ago.  There are no specific asks on my offerings to the  Goddess, but I strongly believed that she will give me what I deserve.    That is the reason, I wanted to share this post with you all!



Significance

People throng in this temple with the flower garlands on Full Moon days from morning to night 8 pm  and after the 'mala'- garland is offered as you enter the temple,  it is placed on the deity as the continious archanai's  go on and after you finish your prayers,  you can actually take one garland on  a token while coming out and take that home.   

The flowers actually denote fragrances of life and the reason they are used in Hindu prayers and are decorated to the God and Goddess is that they bring in an auro of positivity.  

This temple has a 'Maha Meru  Sri Chakram 'that is placed in front of the Goddess and is very powerful.  As you bring this garland and we started tying it to the front door, we felt that as the flowers dried for the week, it was actually taking away all the negative energy of the house. We also felt that it gave an uplift to our home,  kept the evil spirits away and actually made us feel good.  

Probably that is the reason why hundreds of people visit this place and do this ritual.   It is also said that while you do this process,  what ever you wish for also happens.    I do not know that part, for I never had such requests to my goddess whom I strongly believe will always protect me and guide me in the right path and the life I deserve. 



Temple Details

Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple is a hindu temple located at Adambakkam, Chennai. The temple is dedicated to Hindu god Shakti .The temple is open from 6 AM to 10 AM and 5 PM to 8 PM. Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple priests perform the pooja (rituals) during festivals and on a daily basis.

Amman : Bhuvaneswari

City : Adambakkam



Other Blog References 

https://tamilnadu-favtourism.blogspot.com/2018/09/bhuvaneshwari-temple-adambakkam-chennai.html

https://veludharan.blogspot.com/2017/10/mata-sri-bhuvaneswari-amman-temple.html

Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple Address and Contact:

Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple

No. 66 / 1984 Andal Nagar, 1st Main Rd, AGS Colony, Adambakkam,

Chennai – 600088,Tamil Nadu.

Bhuvaneswari Amman Temple Contact Number:  91 -44-2253 2323


No comments: