Sunday, April 4, 2021

Our Easter Story - "HE is keeping me Happy!"

 Our Easter Story #SreeStories

After a hectic work week, Raghu and I wanted to have a short break and we went for a walk in our favourite Besant Nagar beach last night. We wanted some fresh air, but we also got some fresh perspectives of life...as this woman was crossing us in her wheelchair. Raghu immediately went near and tried to help push her wheelchair.

She politely stopped and looked at us with a smile. We saw two bags of merchandise in her lap. I asked her what she sells. She looked at me and said, pens, Key chains and books but all on Christianity. I could hear the bells from near by church. She said she don't want to beg and was living in Chelsea home in Valmiki Nagar till 5 years ago. Last five years after her legs healed from the accident ( that actually took away half of her feet) , she moved to a one room shelter and started living with him.

From that time, he is taking care of her and she comes to beach every morning at 10 am and takes a nap for sometime under the tree in afternoons and gets busy post 3pm. Around 8 pm she wraps up n pushes herself to her home which is like 3 miles from the beach ...

I asked her about dinner and she said she will go and spend time with him for a while and sit in Japam (meditation with a rosary ) and then will have some curd rice and sleep...

Then I asked her why she want to struggle so much. She said, I don't want to burden him as long as I can still breathe and coming to beach and selling gives her money to survive and also send some to church. So I asked her, what does he do ?

Bang came the reply ...he is the only one saving me ma, he is the only one behind my every move..
For a moment we looked at her in awe...she smiled at my confusion and said,. "avar thanney ma enoda karthar ! ". (He is the Lord who is waiting for me at home !)

All this while she was talking to me about her only company in life...Her Jesus Christ!
Raghu said he wanted to buy few things and she offered us pens to buy and as he asked to keep the rest of money, she similingly tucked the few 10 rupees notes back in his hand saying , "are you getting this money free brother?"..

What a beautiful experience on the Easter Eve for us. As she finished the conversation and slowly started to leave, Raghu n I kept watching her for long ...till she went off from our visibility.
Her name is Anandama. As she introduced herself to us saying my name is synonymous to happiness. HE is keeping me happy!




God bless !!! Happy Easter people.


No comments: