Another guest blog of mine got published in IBN live
Here is the extract
Friday , November 13, 2009 at 19 : 30
Umasree Raghunath | Chennai
Assembly Polls 2009- Results and what does it mean?
After having closely watching the assembly poll results, its time for a recap of the results and find its inner meaning.
1. People of India do not want to rule this Nation in the name of Religion or Language. WE are still secular in our thoughts and actions
2. People of India want a change. Its not the Obama effect change, but the change within.... that is most wanted at the time. Towards consistency in growth and development
3. People of India besides everything wants Peace & Security. Protection against terror, swift action in times of need, recovery process and rebuilding post tragedies.
4. People of India's first aspirations are simple needs. Home, water, food, education and retirement plans. Which ever government can cater to these basic needs survive elections
5. People of India's long term objective is a global vision. The vision of intelligence, perservance and power. Today which ever government encourages the global outreach is elected to power.
Simple Ideology and Principle of selection: There are few things like political greed for power, money and supremacy common in all parties. But for those who share a bit of it atleast with the common man is better than the rest.