1. Employee authorized properties that include Access to a Business facility – both physical like Access Cards and Badges, and also digital assets like Remote Access keys, Active Keys, Smart Pins etc should be duly secured. No tailgating or proxy usage of assets.
2. Printers /Scanners and Conference boards are one area that is widely forgotten. We leave behind wrongly printed papers without throwing them in the shredder and discarding properly. Leaving behind confidential data on the Smart Boards/ Conference rooms, without closing them properly is a risk. This information can be misused. Hence a word of caution
3. Our workspaces which includes computers and laptops have to be password protected and screen locked every time we step out
4. Usage of Authorized Software and only permissible Internet sites access is to be followed if instructed to do so, to safeguard the best interests of business.
5. Do not forward any emails or information that had been marked as Internal or Confidential. Sources of information to the open world are large and you don’t need to contribute to your own chaos
6. Updated Anti-Virus Software have to be in all the systems that you access. Especially in client network, it would be embarrassing to spread viruses from your system
It takes several years to build a reputation and just seconds to break it…..Same applies to Organizations, Entrepreneurs, Professionals, Individuals and in our personal lives too!
Both Knowledge and Information is Power….as long as it is rightly put to use!