|Welcome to Wayanad|
One Team- One Family - One Big Outing!
What makes one a friend in life; is knowing them in and out, true self? .When you work along in the office space; Professionalism and decorum is in grace. Friendship blossoms as we know each other; and takes on to the bonds of share and care. When you spend most of your life at work; Making work life better is the only lark. That too given a chance to cherish the moment with the spouse and children, it becomes a heaven! When Colleagues turned friends, get on a trip, what else you need than cheer and happiness around.
Initiation, Planning and Execution is the job we mastered to do, monitoring and control, our spouses too! This time, away from the technical hum bucks and gadgets glues, we got into the freeness of Nature true. Together, we boarded the train, started to know each other truly and better towards the real YOU! Families and children were added fun and happiness, as we explored the greenery of God’s Own Country.
Journey towards Wayanad, beauty on earth with its natural abundance and mystic beauty of mountains and valley, what else can you ask for than a breath of fresh air. Food, Fun, Games, Jokes, Romantic stories, songs unwinded with few steps of surprise dance moves. Creativity and comedy unfolded without asking and entertainment went to its peak.
Crown Jewel of Kerala- Wayanad, a nature lover’s destination and sheer indulgence!
Curves of the road massaged our bodies but did not strain our spirits or togetherness. The happiness of the trip to Wayanad lies in its beauty of the valley, the tea estates, the coffee gardens, the long betel trees, making you indulge in the serene heaven on earth. It will also give you ample space to spend time in your own silence and recognize the inner self, calmly, slowly and peacefully. Indulgence is just a short word when you make a trip to Wayanad.
Love for Earth, the greenery, the love for nature, bio-diversity and hearing the sounds of various birds and watching out for animals, make you feel the forests completely. The gushing sounds of waters around make you take the treks in search of the brooks and possibly waterfalls. The hanging jackfruit gardens around, the swaying coconut lagoons, trek inviting slopes and man-made paths to walk, the flowers of all colours around is just an immense joy to experience. Kerala, is as such the lap of Mother Nature. Wayanad is just the crown jewel of Kerala.
One destination for Nature Lovers, not to be missed!
Tour Operator Wayanad Package: Itinerary: 2 Nights & 3 Days
Day 01: CALICUT - WAYANAD
From Calicut Railway Station, wash & fresh with breakfast at Calicut and drive to Wayanad on the way visit Banasura Sagar Dam, check in to resort and overnight stay.
Day 02: WAYANAD
Morning after breakfast go for Sight Seeing visit Kuruwadweep Island and Tolpetty Wildlife sanctuary , Evening back to Resort and Stay overnight.
Day 03: WAYANAD - CALICUT
Morning after breakfast check out from the resort visit Eddacal caves and pookot lake and in time drop at Calicut Railway Station to board the Train for return Journey.
What we did and what we learnt!
We visited the Banasurasagar Dam and Day 1 plan went on as the tour operator planned. We ended up at resort late in the evening and retired for the day.
Day 2, we decided we will enjoy the pleasure of the Meenmutty Heights resorts we have taken to stay… 4 hours of playing and moments at Swimming pool and an entire evening of games, songs, dance and fun. Children had the best time on Day 2 with so much fun and rain god’s ensured we do not get around the bonfire, but stay close and tight in the roof top indoors where we continue to cherish every moment. The resort itself was in the lap of Neelimalai Mountains, tea gardens and coffee and betel trees around and surrounded by mountain valleys, brooks, tall trees and lovely gardens, swings and birds, and play area. Trek trails and walking paths, and cycling for children.
Day 3, we visited kuruwadeep island and had authentic Kerala home food before we returned to Calicut.
Definite do’s and don’t
- Keep your gadgets away. Mobiles work with limited access
- Going in groups is enjoyable with kids and also safe as the place is inside the forests and there is less to access on your own
- Drink plenty of water, watch what you eat and give time to relax and sleep
- Use the nature at its best, take some silent moments, enjoy the long swings on the trees
- Keep the place clean.
- Take first aid and medical kits as needed.
- Take enough clothes so that you do not spend time at laundry
- Keep your family back home informed that you may not be reachable as mobile signals are weak and give them landline emergency contact numbers
- Take loads of photos. Wayanad is a photographer’s heaven too!
- Take home good spices, loads of tea, specially authentic green tea, buy memorabilia of the place and look out for Kattan Chai ( Black Tea specially available in Kerala)
- Carry enough cash and good shoes. For ATMs are far, and shoes make you walk in comfort
- Take swim suits or life guards for non-swimmers so that you can enjoy the natural and swimming pools
- If you love Kerala Ayurveda massage, give it a sure try.
- Please do not liter anywhere in Wayanad, especially plastic bags, covers or water bottles
- Do not make noise when you are in the forest for sightseeing as you will be intervening with the privacy of the birds and animals
- Watch out of sign boards before you enter any trek path or water body for any specific instructions
- Do not enter any restricted areas, for it is for your own safety
- Do not disturb the animals and go near them, throw stones or even offer food. Especially Elephants
- If you are planning to take a walk, in the nights, please ensure you do it in a group and do not go alone
- Do not pluck fruits or plants without required permission inside the resort. Even the tea leaves.
- While driving up the mountains, do not over-speed, over-take and use seat belts and follow traffic rules
- Keep your partying private and do not disturb other tourists
- Do not eat food that you are not comfortable or too spicy during travel
Wayanad is sheer destination for nature lovers. It is full of calmness, peace and gives you a kind of satisfaction of having visited Kerala to enjoy its beauty. Just go ahead, plan and enjoy...just like how we did! Capture your moments of happiness!
Few Glimpses of Wayanad
|Second Largest Earth Dam in Asia- Banasura Sagar Dam|
|Meenmutty Heights Resorts|
|9 hairpin bends of Wayanad|
|Cottage at Meenmutty Resorts|
|Valleys in Wayanad|
|View Point, and Hairpin bends|
Disclaimer: This is purely based on our tour experience and pictures of the team are not shared hear keeping their privacy in view.